Simbles of Watford Circa 1950

Simbles Circa 1950

Since 1947, Simbles have been at the hub of the tool and machinery trade.
We are now onto our third generation and moved into the digital age.
From humble beginnings as market traders in 1946 after the end of the 2nd World War, Jack & Tilly Simble began to sell iron mongery & tools using a distribution system of bicycles and runners. They opened a retail store in Queens Road, Watford in the late 1940's as they needed a warehouse to store the ever-increasing number of stock lines.

In the 1950's they branched out into 'mail Order' using the slogan 'as near as your local post box' 
The second generation came aboard in the 1960's expanding the mail order business (and the retail store). Simbles launched their annual Tool catalogue which for many engineers & woodworkers became their main source of hard-to-get tools and accessories from around the world. 

During the 1980's, the third generation joined the business and helped to expand the Simbles brand & footprint into foreign export markets, as well as developing its own brand products and forging partnerships with major tool companies.

The turn of the 21st century heralded a change of direction with the advent of the internet, and also a change in direction for the business to move away from general tools sales to the public into more specialist tools and component markets for the transportation and rail industries, as well as the film industry supplying items for sets, props as well as specialist manufacturing equipment. 
Simbles of Watford Circa 1984

Simbles Circa 1984